I really identify with you here, I'm going to take on board the advice. My hair is also very porous due to colour damage, and the difference between wet and dry is immense. From the moment it reaches dry, rather than drying, it is downhill from there. So with us both having colour damage, maybe it is a cuticle damage issue (which I think would also be a result of heat damage). Also elasticity which stems from cuticle damage I guess, because we can't hold the moisture to keep the hair elastic.

I only found CG after the damage, so you've encouraged me by saying it worked for you before - hopefully as we both recover from the damage it will work wonders again. I think probably protein and moisture are needed. Sorry don't have more answers, but just wanted to say - I get this!!
UK based wavy

Mostly waves, but curls and straight bits too!
Fine to medium, high porosity, medium density, very low elasticity
Highlights damage (growing it out), seems to like protein and need lots of moisture.

Cleanse - CJDF, trying out low poos ; Co wash- Uk chemist brands, Urtekram Rose or Aloe, Hairveda Amala Cream Rinse; RO - varies, Tigi Moisture Maniac, Desert Essence Coconut ; Leave in - Keracare natural textures; Sealant - argan oil
Trying out new things, still looking.