i also was a TA and a tutor in my past life. i love me some metaphors. and similes. and analogies. . .

omg curly hair is like a big ole baby. waah. feed the curl some protein. feed the frizz some emollients. seal me! bathe me! moisturize me! dry me! hey-don't ruffle me or tousle me! leave me alone! and where is my towel? no, not that one, i want this one. not that diffuser. the big one! and where do you think you're going with those scissors? hey don't you dare cut me. you cut me and i'm gonna throw a frizzy tantrum right about now.
Originally Posted by dusalocks
haha, this is so right! I've sometimes thought of it as a very temperamental pet, but the baby comparison is much better! And just when you think you've set it up to manage without attention for a short while, it can't cope! Mine is like a child that won't sleep through, even though it should be doing by now.
UK based wavy

Mostly waves, but curls and straight bits too!
Fine to medium, high porosity, medium density, very low elasticity
Highlights damage (growing it out), seems to like protein and need lots of moisture.

Cleanse - CJDF, trying out low poos ; Co wash- Uk chemist brands, Urtekram Rose or Aloe, Hairveda Amala Cream Rinse; RO - varies, Tigi Moisture Maniac, Desert Essence Coconut ; Leave in - Keracare natural textures; Sealant - argan oil
Trying out new things, still looking.