View Single Post
Old 04-05-2013, 09:20 PM   #3562
lenie

I did my first plop today, woohoo!

So I'm currently out of shampoo and conditioner right now because I ordered some new stuff online and am waiting for it to get in. And...I probably didn't make a good choice of what I ordered (KMS Curl Up, lol) but I remember this product worked for me years ago so I thought I'd give it another try. Definitely will be switching over to products silicone and sulfate free, and all that good stuff.

SO, I had to work with what I had. I'm totally out of conditioner...I used a little bit of Biolage ColorSafe shampoo and combed it out with my head upside down in the shower. Normally combing out freshly shampooed hair would be a disaster for me but somehow my hair was not tangly at all. Leaving my head in an upside down position, I got of the shower and scrunched in about 2 1/2 handfuls of Paul Mitchell sculpting foam. (Once again, working with the products I've got left.) Then, I parted my hair and combed it out away from the scalp (as demonstrated in the super soaker technique). At this point I cupped and scrunched water into my curls as also demonstrated in the super soaker technique but didn't follow through with any gel. I think it rinsed some of the mousse out, lol. But...I'm still learning.

I got one of my husband's old t shirts and did my first plop! It didn't come out exactly as I wanted it to and had to clip the ends together on top of my head but it held so I just went with it. Left the plop on for about 10 minutes, and when I took it off I couldn't believe how curly my waves were. I then proceeded to ruin it all by diffusing my hair and the rest of the day had flat, greasy looking frizzy hair. Ha! BUT, I must say, it did look great right when I took the plop off and immediately after diffusing it (then it turned ugly when completely dry).

Seriously need to start taking pictures to document my experiments!
lenie is offline   Reply With Quote