I did my first plop today, woohoo!

So I'm currently out of shampoo and conditioner right now because I ordered some new stuff online and am waiting for it to get in. And...I probably didn't make a good choice of what I ordered (KMS Curl Up, lol) but I remember this product worked for me years ago so I thought I'd give it another try. Definitely will be switching over to products silicone and sulfate free, and all that good stuff.

SO, I had to work with what I had. I'm totally out of conditioner...I used a little bit of Biolage ColorSafe shampoo and combed it out with my head upside down in the shower. Normally combing out freshly shampooed hair would be a disaster for me but somehow my hair was not tangly at all. Leaving my head in an upside down position, I got of the shower and scrunched in about 2 1/2 handfuls of Paul Mitchell sculpting foam. (Once again, working with the products I've got left.) Then, I parted my hair and combed it out away from the scalp (as demonstrated in the super soaker technique). At this point I cupped and scrunched water into my curls as also demonstrated in the super soaker technique but didn't follow through with any gel. I think it rinsed some of the mousse out, lol. But...I'm still learning.

I got one of my husband's old t shirts and did my first plop! It didn't come out exactly as I wanted it to and had to clip the ends together on top of my head but it held so I just went with it. Left the plop on for about 10 minutes, and when I took it off I couldn't believe how curly my waves were. I then proceeded to ruin it all by diffusing my hair and the rest of the day had flat, greasy looking frizzy hair. Ha! BUT, I must say, it did look great right when I took the plop off and immediately after diffusing it (then it turned ugly when completely dry).

Seriously need to start taking pictures to document my experiments!