View Single Post
Old 04-06-2013, 12:49 AM   #9
anonymous_133347

Good for you! I also stay away from processed junk, exercise daily and drink 12 glasses of water a day. Didn't mean to imply you weren't healthy just. . . checking. Well, since your diet is awesome the only thing I can think of is the organix serum (which I used to use to help straighten my hair) is loaded with silicones and silicones make my curls go bye bye for some reason. I know that is definitely not the case for everyone but seeing as how we have similar properties (coarse, porous) that is why I mention it. Maybe your hair reacts the same or is reacting the same post damage because the silicones are coating the hair shaft and not letting the nutrients in. And yes, with damage PTs are good. Porous hair tends to like a bit of protein. Especially color treated heat damaged porous hair.

Edit:
Doh! Sorry for the PT suggestions that aren't vegan. I think I had a brain spazz late last night. My hair likes soy and silk protein for what it is worth. Maybe get a product enriched with both . . .?

CG since Nov. 2012

Poos: SM Moisture Retention + Yucca Baobab, TJ's Tea Tree Tingle
Condish: TJ 'sTea Tree Tingle*, SM Moisture Retention* + Curl & Shine + Yucca Baobab, Yes to Blueberries
Stylers: KCKT*, SM Curl Enhancing Smoothie* + Curl & Style Milk*, KCCC*, FSG*, CJ Pattern Pusha, Curl Keeper
Sealers: Jojoba* or Grapeseed* oil

* = HG

Last edited by dusalocks; 04-06-2013 at 06:22 PM.
anonymous_133347 is offline   Reply With Quote