View Single Post
Old 04-06-2013, 04:10 PM   #32
shellyRN07swavy

"Three things jump out at me, and I'm just basing this on the theory that we have similar hair:

- My hair hates olive oil. I've tried it as a shampoo/conditioner mix-in, as a DT, etc. in the past, and it always makes my hair heavy and lank.

- There's a lot of oil in the conditioner and the Curl Creme. Just reading the label, I would personally avoid the Curl Creme, because I've never had success with products that contain several oils. My hair is just too fine, and low-porosity, so all of that oil just sits on my hair.

- Do you know how your hair handles aloe vera? My hair likes it, and it definitely moisturizes my hair, but I know a lot of people on the forum say their hair dislikes aloe. For example, when I started CG I was using straight aloe vera gel on my hair to tame the frizz, and it never looked bad or greasy or freaked out, but it got overmoisturized fast. Aloe seems to be one of the few moisturizers that my low-po hair actually drinks right up.

So, there's my initial thoughts: it's a lot of oil, and I know my own hair gets very weighed down/overmoist from too much oil. Maybe too much aloe. Maybe others will have insight into other ingredients, too."

great answers again basanbo...I agree with all you said..I use to use those products except i had rehab for my conditioner...I then purchased the strength conditioner for some protein...but my hair was frizzy and limp and lifeless...I then received great advice from kathymack about polyquats in products...that they tend to cause frizz in fine haired ladies...and that all the oil is probably just building up on your hair shaft...So I would clarify your hair with purell or Giovanni TTTT or even better Trader Joes tea tree tingle(awesome product) and start using a lighter conditioner or ones without added oil...Definitely try the GPB conditioner...It just might be the right ablance for you as well...At times, I think I could use more protein, but I cannot find any other conditioner that actually moisturizes with O/C than the GPB...so I believe: don’t fix what aint broken

And its interesting what you said about the curly board..I thought over there(LOL) you would have more support...That its all about natural and health for beauty...Im pretty suprised...but glad you are here with us:0

Low-poo:TJ TTT, CJ GCS
LI/RO/DC: CK Satin Roots,Sevi Pumpkin, SSI Okra reconstructor, CJ SAC,CJ RM
Stylers: AG Recoil, JC SS
Jellies: CK Coil Jam, Okra gel(HG)
Gel: JC CC, Ouidad H&H gel, Ouidad moisture lock gel

Hair loves moisture protein.
MUST Pixie diffuse.

My hair dose NOT like oils, butters or polyquats Or glycerin in high dews

Last edited by shellyRN07swavy; 04-06-2013 at 04:18 PM.
shellyRN07swavy is offline   Reply With Quote