View Single Post
Old 04-07-2013, 08:56 AM   #33
Lauraimes

Thanks for the recommendations, shellyRN07swavy!

I washed my hair yesterday and instead of doing no-poo or low-poo followed by a co-wash, I simply low-pood without using my conditioner afterwards. Today (because my hair always sucks on washing day), my curls are already less weighed down. Still, my hair remains very fly-away and lacks firmness, but at least the curls are looking much better. I do have some frizz though not too much. Just more than usual 'cause I barely have frizz. All this simply confirms that my hair doesn't like the oils and gets weighed down from that. I'm hoping that Aubrey Organics GPB will solve the problem and provide the moisture and protein it needs without weighing my hair down.

Now it's my turn to be surprised, haha. It's very hard to find sulfate and cone-free products, and even harder to get your hands on anything natural. If you do, you pay a lot. Products from the US are available but expensive and only via one webshop that provides these American products for Europe (though luckily based in the Netherlands so shipping costs are affordable). Another option is eBay but for some reason they never have what I want. I guess I'm a bit picky. That's just the lack of products, but there's also little knowledge about hair. I inform my hairdresser about my curl journey and she's always surprised at what I discover. I don't believe we have a lot of hairdressers that focus on properties and such. I've never encountered one. My previous hairdresser did know about cones, though, but only told me they coated your hair. Terms like build-up or sulfates were never mentioned and I learned everything I know from the Internet.

Low poo: Burt's Bees Very Volumizing Pomegranate Shampoo
Protein: IAGirl's gelatine treatment
Detangler & LI: KCKT
Styling: KCCC

Beauty Is Not a Number
Lauraimes is offline   Reply With Quote