So i had my hair blown out, just washed it out yesterday. When its straightened its about MBL...i had SO many random ppl at work that never speak to me come up and tell me how pretty i am with straight hair,it made me feel ugly bc i love my curls

Everybody wanted to be my friend when i straightened my hair. We'll see how it goes today.
Sent from my LG-LG730 using CurlTalk App
Originally Posted by SmilingElephant
People are so stupid sometimes. Your hair looks beautiful both ways. Some people still think straight hair is better while others burn their hair trying to get curls....maybe it was just the change and the new look that really got their attention. Don't let them make you feel bad, they have no idea that to have such beautiful straight hair you have to take care of your curly hair and refrain from using a ton of heat.
Originally Posted by Ericachristina
People are brainwashed, or should I say unenlightened. I know that because I'm partly brainwashed the other way - I often think some straight hair looks boring when it's perfectly nice, it is just I'm conditioned to prefer texture now. And we all know how conditioned most people are to compliment straight hair. Trust me, many people who much prefer curls/waves are out there. I will bet you look stunning with your natural hair.

You know, I have friends who've occasionaly curled their hair but I would never had said 'oh, you look so better, you should do that everyday' - it would be ridiculous and I'm sure they'd be offended. But because straight hair has become so normalised people feel free to say that kind of thing to curlies. Even though like Erica Christina says, straightened hair only looks good when you don't do it regularly, because of the heat damage.

To be fair it probably is partly that people feel like when we look different they should comment, to acknowledge we've done something special. They don't mean it badly, and after all it is a compliment to you as you're the one making either style look good.
UK based wavy

Mostly waves, but curls and straight bits too!
Fine to medium, high porosity, medium density, very low elasticity
Highlights damage (growing it out), seems to like protein and need lots of moisture.

Cleanse - CJDF, trying out low poos ; Co wash- Uk chemist brands, Urtekram Rose or Aloe, Hairveda Amala Cream Rinse; RO - varies, Tigi Moisture Maniac, Desert Essence Coconut ; Leave in - Keracare natural textures; Sealant - argan oil
Trying out new things, still looking.