Yes, I have clarified and luckily I don't seem to suffer from a lot of build-up now that I low-poo again. I can't wait to try Aubrey Organics GPB, so curious to see if it helps! Hope it revives my curls again :-)

For the past few days, I have refreshed my hair with spraying water on it until soaking wet (which takes a long time), then applying a fairly large amount (or what I consider a large amount) of Curl Queen. I let that dry and then I use a pea-sized amount of CJ CCCL to SOTC. I have a love-hate relationship with CCCL because it does revive my curl when I use it on its own, but it also weighs down a bit because of the oils. Without it, my hair looks kind of frizzy because I haven't used conditioner when washing it this time to see whether the oils were really the problem (they were, as well as the lack of protein). I'm guessing that my current routine might work when I low-poo and follow up with AO GPB or perhaps even just co-wash with AO GPB since that will restore my moisture-protein balance. I included a picture and I hope you can see it because I always mess up the pictures here.

http://i49.tinypic.com/24mtap2.jpg

I'm surprised too. To me, it seems very logical that you use fairly natural products. I apply this idea to my hair, make-up (since I'm allergic to basically anything) and food. No additives and chemical stuff for me if I can help it.

I have a blog and I'm writing a series on hair care. So far, I've shown how little products I use to stir my readers' curiosity and I've written a post about sulfates and silicones. It so satisfying to get positive reactions. People have no idea about these ingredients and some immediately took action and bought the YTC poo and conditioner. I will write about no pooing upcoming Monday and then link to the next article about hair properties. It's so exciting to be one of the first (or perhaps even the first) to put this information out there. I will end my series with an overview of the most useful links so they can continue their own research.

I recognise the whole explaining thing. People seem very ignorant when it comes to the significance of knowing your hair and knowing what you use on it. They assume that whatever is in stores will suffice and why should it be harmful? It is available so it should be good for us. I get the idea that this is the general attitude and it's difficult to get an open-minded response. It depends entirely on the person whether I elaborate or not.
F - LP - HD - NE
Fine, low porosity, high density, normal elasticity
Hairtype 2c

Low poo: Looking for a new one
Protein: IAGirl's gelatine treatment
Detangler & LI: KCKT
Styling: KCCC
Experimenting with: Inecto Pure Coconut Conditioner

Beauty Is Not a Number