So far my hair seems to respond to lots of protein and lighter conditioning. I have been low-pooing more often and adding weekly PT treatments. I also added a non CG condish a few weeks ago. I use very little as a leave-in. This week I tried some glycerin in my routine and love the definition but the frizz was massive. I'm going to try experimenting with a protein heavy FSG because the consistency seems similar to lube and maybe I can get the definition I want without the frizz. Finally, everything gets topped off with a hard hold gel. I'm using LALPS which is cheap and easily available. I go through gobs of it, probably 5-6 tablespoons of it but then I have long hair. I'm always back on the boards during summer looking for a miracle lol.
Originally Posted by Marci

I think this is what I'll eventually be switching to...a protein heavy stylists and treatment..and light conditioners....i have not used gel in several months...but may need to for the horrible FL weather...ugh...going to try to add extra agave nectar to okra gel...but this may make hair sticky in high seas...worth a try
2b/c CG since 8/12
I have low porosity and fine/med texture. Easily weighed down and VERY frizzy crown, with straighter under layers

Low-poo:TJ TTT, CJ GCS
LI/RO/DC: CK Satin Roots,Sevi Pumpkin, SSI Okra reconstructor, CJ SAC,CJ RM
Stylers: AG Recoil, JC SS
Jellies: CK Coil Jam, Okra gel(HG)
Gel: JC CC, Ouidad H&H gel, Ouidad moisture lock gel

Hair loves moisture protein.
MUST Pixie diffuse.

My hair dose NOT like oils, butters or polyquats Or glycerin in high dews

Last edited by shellyRN07swavy; 04-09-2013 at 07:33 PM.