View Single Post
Old 04-09-2013, 09:31 PM   #18
Curlsnswirls

I tried this method again today and have to say I'm super pleased!!!

Wow, where do I start? Apparently I was doing it all wrong before. I just hope I can continue to use this method with success.
I did it exactly like the book says and like the demos I've seen and my results were fabulous. I don't have a hooded dryer so I used my diffuser to dry my hair slowly from top to bottom (without touching my curls) for about 5-10 minutes and then after my curls were "set", I pixie diffused. I cleansed with Deva No Poo, conditioned with Darcy's pumpkin seed conditioner (barely rinsed any out after detangling with my fingers), applied about a half palmful of UFDCM as instructed (smoothed on top, bottom and scrunched, scrunched) I scrunched slightly with a MF towel right before applying the UFDCM but my hair was still very wet. The results were fantastic. I definitely got better curl formation. I'm hoping I can get good 2nd day hair.

The key for me was having enough water in my hair so that when I scrunched the gel in, it was distributed well. Also, i had not been using enough gel. I'm so excited this worked for me!!! Great hair even though the weather forecast said I would have "limp" hair.
Stylers: LALSG, Volumax styling, CHS CK, BRHG, KCCC, UFDCM, Gel-les'C, SM hair milk, JC Spiralicious

$5 off 1st order under $40, $10 off over $40...at iherb use code KEY066

Last edited by Curlsnswirls; 04-09-2013 at 09:36 PM.
Curlsnswirls is offline   Reply With Quote