View Single Post
Old 04-10-2013, 06:16 AM   #2
chloe92us

Deva gel has protein, so it sounds like your hair likes some. The other gels you listed are more like jellies, and won't give you the same hold possibly. I always have to use a gel over jellies and my hair properties are similar to yours. Gels I'm liking right now, in add to arcangel, are garnier pure clean and herbal essences set me up. Lots of curlies rave about la looks sport gel (blue one). I haven't used it, but plan to- it also has protein, so would be a good one for you to try. It's dirt cheap, too. I hope you find a solution- there's definitely a huge difference between your pics!

Forgot to say that I don't use the smoothie now as a styler- it is very heavy and weighs my curls down. Every now and again I use a teeny tiny bit to seal my ends only. It will probably end up on the swap boards.

I also like the HE mousse...has crunch and hold if you use enough (3 palmfulls for me). But mousses, IME, tend to flake.

Since arcangel was working so well, you can order it on amazon- that's where I get mine! It's $16/ 12 oz, or $27/ 32 oz...a 6 oz tube of HE was $4 I think, which would equal $20/ 32 oz, so if you buy the huge bottle of deva, it's really not that much more expensive in the end.
Stylers: UFD CM, CJ PP, JC Spiralicious, Darcy's Cream Gel & Cocoa bean whip

Last edited by chloe92us; 04-10-2013 at 06:25 AM.
chloe92us is offline   Reply With Quote