The best way to choose ingredients/products is by hair properties. Here's a link to help you with yours. http://www.livecurlylivefree.com/cur...r%20basics.htm Once you determine your properties, you can look for others with hair like yours and see what they use (in signature.) It's the best place to start. It also helps people give you advice.

When I was first on nc.com, I tried every product that anyone discussed. Then, I got to know my hair and could be more selective about what I bought and tried. My hair prefers the more natural products from the online, boutique type stores. I stay away from chemicals, especially polyquats.

GDLI has a lot of protein. My hair LOVES protein. When I first tried it, I thought I liked it. Became more discriminating as I used more products. Found it to be nothing special.
3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
modified CG, since April '07
CG since 3/11/08

SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Marie Dean Leave Ins and Curl Creams