The real horror isn't being reported at all. The real horror is that Kermit Gosnell was a BACK ALLEY ABORTIONIST. He is what you get when you restrict women's access to safe legal abortion. He is what you'll get more of as states around the country under Republican rule are working to take more and more and more reproductive freedoms away from women. There's a reason the victims in this crime are all minorities...it's because rich white women are more able to afford safe abortion care, despite the obstacles put up by anti-choice legislators. It's the poor brown women who die.

So, by all means, prosecute this guy, lock him up and throw away the key. But don't allow politicians and anti-choice activists to snowball you into believing that we need to restrict and regulate abortion even more so we don't get more victims like this. It's because of those restrictions and onerous regulations that this guy was allowed to flourish for so long.
Originally Posted by RedCatWaves
Thank you for saying this. It was in the back of my mind as I started typing last night but I couldn't think of what to say or how to say it.
Quote:
When are women going to face the fact that they donít know their own bodies as well as men who have heard things?

Don Langrick
Bonsai Culturist