View Single Post
Old 04-14-2013, 10:42 PM   #1
Ahschw2

Smile Tangle Troubles! Help!

I began CG about a month ago. Since then, my tangles have greatly improved and my hair is keeping its shape better. but it is STILL super tangley and not functional.

What do you suggest for my cleansing/styling routine so that my hair is more manageable? I don't know if I should use the Elucense shampoo (sulfate-free) each time I wash, if I should co-wash, when to use one gel over the other, etc... Please read on and help me trouble shoot

My Hair:
Wavy with a spring factor of 2-3 inches, and some spirals. Fine, normal porosity, average thickness, and it falls at the mid-bicep. I think 2B describes me on this site pretty well. My hair began to curl when I was 11 and started puberty. No hair dye and I had a trim less than a month ago.

What I've been doing:
-I was my hair every 2-3 days
1-Rinse hair while cupping at the bottom
2-Elucense Moisture Benefits Shampoo. I use circular motions on my scalp and cup/scrunch while rinsing
3-Apply Elucense or Aubrey Organics GPB Conditioner to the middle of my hair and down. I'm using a palmful, but I have to go back and add more at the knots. I also have KCKT at my disposal.
4-I brush the conditioner through using my fingers and detangle. This is the part that takes FOREVER, and by FOREVER I mean like 30 minutes. The tangles are much much smaller than before CG when I was using a wide-toothed comb and having at it, but I feel really guilty about wasting water and I don't have this kind of time!
5-cup/scrunch to rinse
6-Microfiber scrunch/squeeze
7-Scrunch in gel. I just figured out that I need to use a lot of gel so I'm having a lot less halo frizz and static. In the pictures I'm posting, I used LA looks sport gel, but I have KCCC and CK also at my disposal.
8-Clip at roots and let dry or use a bowl diffuser.

I also need help with how to REVIVE curls without going overboard. I made lavender water, glisten to me, and spray gel (I made with the LA looks) I can use. I don't really know how to tell if I need more gel, and things can end a little crunchy and frizzy if I'm not careful.

I sleep on a satin pillowcase, and I ball by hair into a bun and add a little spray gel at night.

With ALL THAT in mind, what should I do? I want to take a shower that isn't longer than 10 minutes.

I'm really interested in moving to a more DIY, green, fragrance-free hair regimen, but I would also like to use what I have so that I'm not so wasteful.

Here is a link to my blog for my pictureshttp://alreadyanne.wordpress.com/

Last edited by Ahschw2; 04-14-2013 at 10:48 PM. Reason: Adding pictures
Ahschw2 is offline   Reply With Quote