This is my hair biography at the moment - I will update whenever something changes.

Curl Pattern: 2c
Texture: fine
Porosity: low
Density: thick
Elasticity: normal
Characteristics: I have a 2c pattern with almost straight underlayers that are capable of becoming more wavy and curly when I've had a recent cut. Products that help define my curls lead to some ringlets. My hair is usually pretty voluminous, but it can get weighed down easily. It looks pretty bad on washing days and best on second to sixth day. My hair isn't prone to frizz.

CG/ModCG/not CG: CG. I have eliminated sulfates and silicones in 2010, and switched to products with at least 90% natural ingredients then.

Hair ingredient likes: protein
Hair ingredient dislikes: sulfates, silicones, emollients, oils

Hard/Soft Water: soft

HG/Go-to Products: I'm not sure if these are my HGs yet, but I'm currently using CJ Curl Assurance Gentle Cleansing Shampoo (like!), Curl Junkie Beauticurls Argan & Olive Oil (dislike: I bought it because I thought I had coarse hair and discovered through the overconditioning and weighing down that my hair doesn't like emollients because it's actually fine), Curl Junkie Curl Queen (was scared for the proteins in it but my hair becomes really shiny) and Curl Junkie Coffee-CoCo Curl Creme Lite (love the texture and scent, but still experimenting. Making progress though!).

Average climate/dew points: I don't know This still is a massive puzzle to me, so if anyone can help me, please let me know. The only thing I can tell is that we have a moderate maritime climate, if that helps.

Fall/Winter combos: so far I use the same routine all year.
Spring/Summer combos:

Favorite styling techniques and why: using a cotton t-shirt instead of a terry-cloth towel. My all-time favourite styling technique is using my spray bottle with water for 2nd-6th day hair. I've been plopping as well and realised just today that it does work (since I've been experimenting with skipping the plopping part but it turns out it definitely helps).
Techniques that didn’t work and why: co-washing because I thought my hair was coarse so I bought the wrong conditioner. Will try again though once AO GPB is here but it seems my hair is happiest when I low-poo and RO rather than co-washing.

Hair Twins: bosanbo, though she has a curly bob whereas I have long hair cut in waves, but other than that, our properties seem to be the same. I also think shellyRN07swavy's hair and mine have a lot in common. Mine is more dense, but it seems to respond similarly to heavy products and oils as Shelly's.
F - LP - HD - NE
Fine, low porosity, high density, normal elasticity
Hairtype 2c

Low poo: Looking for a new one
Protein: IAGirl's gelatine treatment
Detangler & LI: KCKT
Styling: KCCC
Experimenting with: Inecto Pure Coconut Conditioner

Beauty Is Not a Number

Last edited by Lauraimes; 05-04-2013 at 02:00 AM. Reason: Discovered that I'm CG and updated hair twins