Sounds like you've been using quite a lot of protein treatments, which might be a good thing, but it is also an obvious place to change things for now and see if it helps. Stick with moisture based stuff for a while and see if things pick up. Also, did the hairdresser use any non CG products which you might need to clarify if you're back on a CG regime? You may just need to clarify/change things you're using due to build up.

I don't think products will be doing anything you can't repair, but chemical and heat processes could. It sounds like the dye you're using may not be a particularly damaging one (I'm no expert here) but if it is damaging then it could be that one time you react worse than others because it is cumulative. Probably not that, but I wouldn't dye it more than you need to.
UK based wavy

Mostly waves, but curls and straight bits too!
Fine to medium, high porosity, medium density, very low elasticity
Highlights damage (growing it out), seems to like protein and need lots of moisture.

Cleanse - CJDF, trying out low poos ; Co wash- Uk chemist brands, Urtekram Rose or Aloe, Hairveda Amala Cream Rinse; RO - varies, Tigi Moisture Maniac, Desert Essence Coconut ; Leave in - Keracare natural textures; Sealant - argan oil
Trying out new things, still looking.