At the risk of sounding dumb, how do you know when a product is too heavy? My hair takes a long time to air dry with KCCC or if I don't diffuse with some heat. I know oils are to heavy because they literally never look dry but other than that, I am not sure.

Any suggestions for a glycerin free gel that can hold up to our FL humidity? I see you like okra gel but is that something you make or something you buy?

Thank you!
Originally Posted by New_to_Curlz

For me... heavy is anything that my hair dose not absorb, it just coats the hair shaft and causes my hair to droop/frizz. My hair will also feel dirty and looks greasy. Being a low porosity curly, my hair always takes few hours to air dry and couple hours with diffusing. I’m more med/low, while true low porosity curlies can take up to several hours for their hair to dry. I like a lot more volume to my hair, which is a trade off for more frizz. I like light and airy curls. For gels, if you want a true hard hold then biosilk rock hard gelee. Another good gel is curl junkie curl queen-more medium hold. A lot of people on the thread likes LA looks gel or Herbal Essence.
Originally Posted by shellyRN07swavy
Heavy products just sit on my hair too. Anything that comes in the form of a cream usually spells out disaster for me. They leave my hair feel greasy and dirty too. Ugh. I think I have low porosity b/c when I let my hair air dry it takes about 4-5 hours to fully dry. I'm always trying to get more volume in my hair, especially at the roots. Since I have a high density my hair starts getting bigger around my ears and expands the rest of the way down, resulting in "pyramid hair." I hate it! Especially now that my hair is shorter, it's more apparent. When it's long I have really flat roots, but at least a little less pyramid looking
Medium texture, normal porosity, normal elasticity