I didn't mean to sound snarky in my last post, so I apologize if it came across that way. I tend to be very apprehensive when people start asking about coding as a means to work from home, or make more money, or work regular hours because of everything else that goes with it (I get asked regularly by people who know I'm a manger and some of them are people I know well enough to know I would never want them working as a coder in my facility). I'm also the person who has to try to appeal when Medicare decides to take back money. And as an internal auditor and educator I regularly deal with coders who believe that they already know it all and who still code the way they did 10 years ago. But don't get me wrong, I enjoy what I do. I just try to warn people to make sure they enter the field for the right reasons. As mentioned previously, AHIMA and AAPC have tons of information, and the vast majority of facilities and companies require a coding credential from one of these two organizations. The CPC (through AAPC) is the easier credential to sit for- I can't comment on the test because I went straight for my CCS through AHIMA, but they've made the testing eligibility requirements much more stringent in the last year or two, so you really can't earn a CCS without real world experience. But your first challenge is surviving A&P.

3a/f/iii
Modified CG since 11/5/11
CLEANSE: CJ Daily Fix, DevaCare No-Poo, CHS Treatment Shampoo
RO: SS Caitlin's Conditioner, CJ Beauticurls Strengthening
LI: SS Repairing Protein Treatment, CHS Silk Leave-In
STYLE: Re:Coil, Curl Keeper, Deva Ultra Defining Gel, Curls Rock Amplifier,Sweet Curls Elixirs Okra Gel and Hard Hold Gel, SS Curl Enhancing Jelly and Firm Hold Gel