This is my very first post, and I'm pretty ignorant about describing my hair with correct terminology, but I'll try my best. I *think* my hair is 2a, but it sounds more like 2b, aside from the amount of curl/wave.

Every conditioner I have ever tried has done nothing for my hair, aside from making it easy to comb through it; otherwise, it's as if I hadn't done anything at all. I began doing a little bit of research, and I came across cholesterol. I bought Queen Helene's cholesterol shortly after. I cannot stress how nice my hair was!!! It was like my hair belonged to a completely different person. I really thought it was a miracle, especially the price. I finished one tub, then decided to try LeKair's cholesterol since it was a bit cheaper. It didn't work as well as Queen Helene (and was even a little greasy), but it was still a dream, all things considering.

A little after using LeKair, I began to have, what I believe now, is an allergic reaction. It was nothing major. There was no pain or itching. I just got raised, red bumps all over my face and chest (essentially, anywhere my hair rested). I switched back to Queen Helene, and the same thing happened. I gave both a rest for a month. I tried QH again, but alas, I reacted again.

As I aforementioned, I know very little, so I assumed that what worked so well was the fact that both were protein. I tried a few protein conditioners, but they didn't work at all; they made my hair just as hard, wiry, and unstructured as every other conditioner I've ever used. Could it be that I simply need a more heavy duty protein conditioner? Can anyone please please please suggest something that they thing would work for me?

I'm sorry this is so long, and I'll appreciate deeply any response I get. I'm at my wit's end!

By the way, I only shampoo my hair once or twice a week, I'm Caucasian, I use heat close to never, and my hair is virgin. I THINK my hair has high porosity because individual strands feel bumpy.

Thank you!!

*EDIT* One more important detail: I would have to use this every single time I used the shower. Once it was washed out, it was gone.

Last edited by cymbelines; 04-22-2013 at 11:26 PM.