Not so happy hair
I know that most of the products I have don't really suit my hair properties (which is how I discovered what my properties are), but my hair seems to become more limp and unhappier than ever.
My current routine:
- I cut out my conditioner entirely as the oils kill my fine, low porous hair. That definitely helps, but I can tell that my hair still lacks strength. I'm waiting for Aubrey Organics GPB to arrive, but I don't have a T&T code so no clue when it's coming.
- This means that I only low-poo with CJ Gentle Cleanse Shampoo.
- After that, I apply CJ CQ on soaking wet hair and comb with a wide-tooth comb. Then put it up in a bun so I can finish my shower without rinsing-out the gel.
- After I have dried off, I take out the bun and scrunch each side of my hair eight times with bare hands, followed by plopping for as long as I need to brush my teeth and put on some eye make-up.
- After plopping, I scrunch out the excess water with a t-shirt (I also plop with a t-shirt btw). Then I let it dry completely (which takes hours) and finish off with a pea-sized amount of CCCL.
Second to sixth day:
- Spritz with water until thoroughly wet.
- Apply generous amount of CQ.
- Scrunch with bare hands, sometimes followed by scrunching with t-shirt.
- Plop for as long as I need to brush teeth and apply make-up.
- Let it air dry again.
- Finish of with CCCL.
This worked wonderfully while I was in London. I had fantastic hair. However, my hair is back to being really limp and fly-away again. Not too long prior to London, I tried the Gelatin PT and figured it didn't do much for my hair, but could it be possible that it took some washes before I actually could see the results of that routine?
It's just really frustrating that I know I have beautiful curls, but that I can't get them out anymore. Any advice would be welcome, although I don't have money for any new products at the moment. Hoping AO GPB will solve a lot of my problems.
Just any kind of support will do, because I just came across pictures of last summer and my hair looked amazing. I know I can't go back to that because the style cream I used contains dimethicone and the low-poo + condish I used are not available any more.
F - LP - HD - NE
Fine, low porosity, high density, normal elasticity
Low poo: Probably getting Burt's Bees Very Volumizing Pomegranate Shampoo
Rinse-out: Looking for a new one
Protein: IAgirl's gelatine treatment
Styling: KCCC (when it's in stock again)
Beauty Is Not a Number
Last edited by Lauraimes; 04-24-2013 at 10:38 AM.