View Single Post
Old 04-24-2013, 05:05 AM   #6
kathymack

It could be the polyquats in the CJ stylers. Curl Queen has 4 and CCCC lite has 10. I found that I have issues with polyquats (especially 4, 7 and 10.) Gentle surfactants don't remove them for me.

I'm also not sure about the gelatin PT. I did it twice--a week to ten days apart. My hair was really "funky" for about a month. It felt "coated." I ended up doing a sulfate shampoo and my hair returned to normal. I was thinking that the gelatin PT was just too thick because I haven't had an issue with gelatin in my okra gel. The PT was a packet of gelatin in 1/4 to 1/3, the okra gel is a packet to 4 cups of gel.

This is just speculation on my part. I think low porosity hair just reacts differently to some of these ingredients. We have a lot of trouble with absorption. If anything coats our hair, products just sit on top.

SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Marie Dean Leave Ins and Curl Creams
kathymack is offline   Reply With Quote