View Single Post
Old 04-24-2013, 04:39 PM   #9
chloe92us

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewlyNaturalG View Post

Every two weeks I wash my hair with bentonite clay mixed with apple cider vinegar. Then I deep co using mayo,honey, and olive oil (i don't use egg anymore because it leaves stuff on my hair). then I moisturize with shea moisture curl enhancing smoothie and seal with coconut oil.
I would suggest you find a good full conditioner to use as a leave-in (shea moisture restorative, for example) and then seal it in with oil...under the smoothie. The smoothie isn't really designed to be a moisturizer, it's more of a styling product that can also provide moisture....

I also just wanted to add that not all hair is soft naturally. If your texture is very coarse, it will probably never be soft like you want. Do you know your hair properties? Coarse hair doesn't bend easily and feels wiry, like a pubic hair (sorry for the comparison). My gray hairs are coarse and that's what they feel like. Part of the natural journey is accepting what you have been given and working with it as best you can.

What do you do between washes? Are you not wetting your hair during this time at all? If so, 2 weeks is a long time for your hair to go without additional moisture (I must be missing something here, so I'm sorry if I sound dense!).
Stylers: UFD CM, CJ PP, JC Spiralicious, Darcy's Cream Gel & Cocoa bean whip

Last edited by chloe92us; 04-24-2013 at 04:43 PM.
chloe92us is offline   Reply With Quote