As hackneyed as this expression is, I feel your pain. It su-hucks to be depressed and down on yourself.

When all else fails me, I:

a) go to bed with a book and my dogs

b) go to sleep with my dogs

c) take a dog for a walk.

Some other stuff:

I met my best friend through work, so I didn't have to get out and meet people (which makes me nervous). Don't worry about not having many friends; it's the quality of those you do have which matters.

Having a guy isn't all it's cracked up to be. I hope you do have that experience so you can see what it's like since you're curious, but in the end, what's inside us matters more than whether someone of the opposite (or same) sex finds us desirable. Sometimes having a partner is great, and.......sometimes having a partner is damned exhausting.

Please don't feel bad about just coming home to your dog. My dogs kept me going when almost nothing else could. It was as if the only way I could feel any joy was to try to see the world through their eyes. Even now there are days when I get up because they need me to take care of them, not because I'm eager to start another morning.

Give yourself small things to look forward to. It doesn't matter how, but force kindness on yourself. If you want to try that candybar or that chocolate or that cheese, buy it. Try small goals, like "this week, Thursday night is pizza night."

Make sure you have decent socks and underwear. Somehow this helps.

If all else fails you, picture one of us in this thread holding your hand. Sometimes something small but tactile and caring really matters. It doesn't matter if you're broken; we're all broken. What matters is finding a way to like yourself.

Dogs and nature abhor a vacuum.
http://geaugadoggy.wordpress.com