Chloe, yay, I'm so glad it works for you. Yes, it's the way I clip my hair now. Although I also can do (on the sides) a cross between classic and cross clipping where I arrange a clip parallel to the scalp, pushing up towards the hairline, and then I take another clip and align it perpendicular down the middle to uphold the first, forming a "t". But mostly it's all about the "x". I think that's the most efficient way for me to achieve volume and the best hold. Also because you're clipping such a small bit of hair at a time it doesn't disturb my curl or root pattern. Just enhances it. Less funny business. It takes a few tries to get the hang of but now I'm really getting somewhere.

Rustina and Darby, you could try the clips in dry hair right now even if you wanted. (even easier than when wet.) When I wake up the next day if my roots look a little funny after rearranging my hair the way I want it I can apply the clips again for 5-10 minutes and when I release them I find my roots just stay there. Still uplifted from the scalp. It's a quick volume fix.
3A - C, HP, ME, HD. (Coarse, High Porosity, Medium Elasticity, High Density.)

CG since Nov. 2012

Poos: SM Moisture Retention + Yucca Baobab, TJ's Tea Tree Tingle
Condish: TJ 'sTea Tree Tingle*, SM Moisture Retention* + Curl & Shine + Yucca Baobab, Yes to Blueberries
Stylers: KCKT*, SM Curl Enhancing Smoothie* + Curl & Style Milk*, KCCC*, FSG*, CJ Pattern Pusha, Curl Keeper
Sealers: Jojoba* or Grapeseed* oil

* = HG