Well, no, I'm not saying that just plain water soaking would help. Why do you think cowashing daily would be bad on your hair exactly? If you have dry coarse hair, it needs more moisture. To do that, you're going to need to condition it a lot more often than its currently getting. I have low porosity hair that is resistant to deep conditioning too, but I've found that the daily lighter conditioning helps it, as does steam deep conditioning. I don't have a steamer, but I wrap a hot, wet towel around it for about thirty minutes.

Basically the bottom line is with your hair being dry and unmanageable, it needs more moisture and it just sounds like your current routine isn't giving it quite the moisture it needs. Hair loses moisture, so a daily cowash (which is just a daily condition basically) would help dramatically.
Originally Posted by Luuuuucy
As for deep treatments, with dry hair, have you tried any oils? An overnight olive oil, coconut oil, or avocado oil treatment might be just what your hair wants, rather than protein.
Originally Posted by Luuuuucy
Co washing is also suppose to cleanse the hair from dirt and build up as well, right? But because my 4b-4c hair doesn't build up as quickly as say a 2a-2b head of hair would, co-washing might get rid of the natural oils I need instead. And oils don't work for me really, My hair rejects everything it seems. Do you think daily co-washing will make my hair not feel like plastic and will help it receive product? I'm still not sure if I even have low porosity hair because my hair does sink when I completely submerge it in water. However, I do notice that there are like bubbles that form around my hair strand. I'm not too sure what that means. I heard that happens in low porosity hair. Also, what co-washing product would you recommend?

Last edited by NewlyNaturalG; 04-24-2013 at 10:08 PM.