I'm a newbie too, about 6 months into my re-transition.

Everyone's hair is different so my best advice to finding styles and good products to use is just experiment often until you get something right. I'm currently experimenting on deep condtioners (such a hastle). I really like 100% organic coconut oil so far. I've seen alot of other people say good things about it too.

If you want to make your hair look like 5x healthier in less than a month (I swear on my life this made my hair sooooo much softer, stronger, and more awesome) USE HERBS! I take herb capsules everyday. Alot of people recommend vitamins, but those have lots of side effects and can be really harmful. I tried taking vitamins for two weeks and I literally ended up sick everyday and thew up twice. Taking herbs is like eating a tiny amount of vegetables each day, so it has alot more positives than negatives. I recommend Nature's Way brand burdock root and horsetail. Not only is my hair better, but my horrible facial skin cleared up completely and my skin is just 1000x softer overall. If you can stomach vitamins, MSM and biotin are the way to go so they say...