Here are the ingredients for the LowPoo

Water (Aqua, Eau), Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glycerin, Coco-Betaine, PEG-75 Lanolin, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Polyquaternium-7, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Melissa Officinalis Extract, Humulus Lupulus (Hops) Extract, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Extract, Achillea Millefolium Extract, Polyquaternium-10, Propylene Glycol, Aminomethyl Propanol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Fragrance (Parfum)

My hair has trouble with polyquats, especially 4, 7 and 10. I'm told that they don't build up, but something stays on my hair and makes it difficult to absorb products. I get frizz when wet. Needed a strong surfactant to get my hair back to normal. Now, I stay away from them. The Set it Free has beeswax, so that could be coating your hair. And last of all, the Shea M Smoothie was just "heavy." Sat on my hair and coated it. IMHO, any of those products could be causing you problems.

I also don't understand why you say your hair is dry, but you're afraid to over condition it.

I use a lot of really rich products as my stylers. Never have to DT despite using a lot of protein. Are you doing any protein--PTs, etc.
3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
modified CG, since April '07
CG since 3/11/08

SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic (now Hello Curly Curl Stimulater); Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Marie Dean Leave Ins and Curl Creams