View Single Post
Old 04-26-2013, 06:43 AM   #12
Jas76

Ok, so here's the lazy version:
I just opened a pack of gelatin and mixed it into a paste with cold water. Then I added tap water as hot as I could get it, and stirred.

Then I dissolved some Epsom (just a pinch) in hot water again, and mixed that in. I then added some Ion Effective Care conditioner, Coconut oil, some Colorful Neutral Protein Filler (from Sally's or Amazon), and a little apple cider vinegar.

I low pooed (with cocobetaine), used to Tresemme Naturals conditioner to detangle, then put the PT in. I covered it with a bag and let the water run over it to warm it while I shaved, etc.

Then I rinsed it out and styled as usual.

For the REAL version, I mix 2-3 packets of gelatin with cold water (about 1/8 cup or so) then I microwave it for about 30sec. (I just let it go until it starts bubbling.). Then I'll mix a little Epsom, coconut oil, and vinegar. (Sometimes I'll use lemon juice instead of vinegar, and sometimes I'll add a little of the protein filler.)

I will low poo, condition and detangle my hair, often with the Ion condish mentioned above, but not rinse it before adding the PT. then I'll bag it and either warm it with the hot shower (as above), or get out and warm it with a heating pad (if I have time - which is rare.)

Hopefully that explains it! Let me know if you have any questions!

Lo-poo - Renpure Keratin, SMR, Giovanni SaS
clarifying - mix Johnson's H2T with low poo
Co-wash - Suave Nats. clar. or coco.
RO - GVPCB, Ion Eff. Care, TN.
LI - SMR, Cure Care, or RO
Seal - MO or Jojoba
DT - + honey, ACV, & EVOO to SM masque & GVPCB
PT - Gelatin!, CNPF
Styling - FSG, AIF, BRHG, LALS/PS, GF curl spray gel, SM Souffle/Smoothie, LOOB
Oils - MO!, EVOO, jojoba, GSO, SM Elixer, EVCO, VO5 Hairdressing
Jas76 is offline   Reply With Quote