View Single Post
Old 04-26-2013, 04:59 PM   #20
iroc

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrspoppers View Post
If you didn't put in your note to the management company that the husband said the dog would eat your cat and the wife told you not to talk to her when she's walking him, I would document that. If the dog were to bite someone, the fact that they knew he was dangerous would not work in their favor.

Unfortunately, it doesn't sound like these people have an appropriate living situation for this dog. While your goal is not to make them get rid of the dog somehow, I don't think you should let this drop. If their dog is aggressive, they simply should not take him out in public. Yes, dogs need exercise, but the entire complex shouldn't suffer so that could happen. If that means they need to rehome the dog, so be it. They really should have thought of this before rescuing an aggressive dog. I'm actually surprised a rescue let them have an aggressive dog in this type of living situation.

This pretty much sums up how I feel.

I know howuch pets become part of your family, so I don't think I'm being insensitive, but I don't think a condo complex full of families and small children with no private yard for dogs to run is the best situation for a large aggressive dog. Its not fair to compromise the rest of the residents.

I did document that information. The property manager got back to me and said bc they weren't breaking any regulations (which pretty much cover leashing) he cant act yet. Which I anticipated. But he said he would forward the information to the condo association for them to keep on file.

Which is okay. At least its a start. I just hope she is able to control him at all times. As I've said, I don't believe a person can always control a dog if they go into attack mode. There are also several 'walkers' who are not the owners who walk him in the neighborhood and I am even less confident about them.