Also helpful might be this video series:

♡♡♡Structure of Hair - Part 1 The Basics - YouTube

♡♡♡Structure of Hair Part 2 - pH Balance Basics - YouTube

♡♡♡Structure of Hair Part 3 -Are you taking your hair on a pH roller coaster ride? - YouTube

♡♡♡Structure of Hair Part 4 - Using pH Balance Properly for Hair-Care - YouTube

Which I stumbled on early in my CG journey and really enlightened me. (I love me some science.) It might sound funny but I do check the PH balance of my products (also the ingredients to ensure they're sulfate/silicone free) and as such my hair has been very predictable.
Originally Posted by dusalocks
Wow, Dusalocks, I just watched those and found them so useful. Thank you so much for posting them. So when it comes to making your hair more predictable what is your ph strategy? From the video it seems like she is suggesting stay in the range of 4.5 (or 4) to 7 to avoid damage. But that staying with 4.5 to 5.5 may be good for leave in products. Is that kind of what you do, or are there other tips?

I love to be taught
UK based wavy

Mostly waves, but curls and straight bits too!
Fine to medium, high porosity, medium density, very low elasticity
Highlights damage (growing it out), seems to like protein and need lots of moisture.

Cleanse - CJDF, trying out low poos ; Co wash- Uk chemist brands, Urtekram Rose or Aloe, Hairveda Amala Cream Rinse; RO - varies, Tigi Moisture Maniac, Desert Essence Coconut ; Leave in - Keracare natural textures; Sealant - argan oil
Trying out new things, still looking.