Hi Jessie,

If its any consolation I've had no luck with PT's either. The first time I tried the gelatin I forgot the ACV, so I thought that was why it didn't work. When I did it again with ACV it did feel kind of coated /oily(?) after, I was surprised and confused, I've tried it a few different ways with no obvious results except a messy shower and bathroom floor. At this point I've pretty much given up doing real PT's, I just look for RO's with protein and have been using PT's as leave-ins. You describe your hair as medium-fine though so maybe you don't need as much as I do.

The DB Pumpkin condish has oat protein, are you still using that? If your hair likes that you could try a deep/protein treatment with it. I know you have allergies to some ingredients and aloe is a no no so I'm not sure what other RO's to suggest. I'm trying Mill Creek Botanicals, AO GPB and Natures Gate CO's but I think they all have aloe. I haven't used Curl Junkie because I'm allergic to dia(whatever) urea but they have several products with protein too. Also you might check out the ingredients for the Colorful Neutral Protein Filler, its cheap, you can order it online from Amazon or Sally's and you can add it to anything.

Good luck
2A / F / MD / LP / ?E / BSL --- CG since Dec. 2012

This is what I'm happiest with right now.
Co-wash: CJ DailyFix
Lo-poo: DermOrganic low-poo
RO: SS Caitlin's co
Leave-in: SheScentIt Okra Repair condish
PT: SS Caitlin's + SS PT
Stylers: Volumax Mega Gel, Max Green Styling Gel, DermOrganics Spray Gel
Techniques: Plopping & Pixie Diffusing.
glycerin, honey, oils & butters Protein!

Last edited by Lynaea; 04-27-2013 at 04:31 AM.