I went through a long phase of thinking that curls didn't suit my face, and also considered the Japanese straightening. I am so glad now that I didn't do it.

I think almost everyone actually looks best with their natural face/hair combination, it just seems to work that way. It might well be that your current length or cut is not the one you'll like best, but I would stick with it and grow it out naturally, otherwise you will have so much damage to deal with again and end up back at square one. It might be better to give your hair a chance to grow out and see how you feel about it then. It is up to you though - you should do whatever makes you feel confident, but just consider feeling confident about your natural hair and giving it the benefit of the doubt for a while. You're not compelled to stick with it if you really want to be straight, that option is there and you should feel free to take it, but I'd say give it more time, try to come to terms with your natural hair because it will be easier. And probably in time you'll come to feel it looks better natural too.

Using different styles, clips, bands etc can give you different looks in the meantime.

By the way, your wavy hair may come back - mine went into type 3 curls for a while around 19 onwards then got wavier again. Also with length it may change. Either way I'm sure looks great!
UK based wavy

Mostly waves, but curls and straight bits too!
Fine to medium, high porosity, medium density, very low elasticity
Highlights damage (growing it out), seems to like protein and need lots of moisture.

Cleanse - CJDF, trying out low poos ; Co wash- Uk chemist brands, Urtekram Rose or Aloe, Hairveda Amala Cream Rinse; RO - varies, Tigi Moisture Maniac, Desert Essence Coconut ; Leave in - Keracare natural textures; Sealant - argan oil
Trying out new things, still looking.

Last edited by lucyprimrose; 04-27-2013 at 10:37 AM.