Okay, I've been reluctant to do this since I'm still trying to figure everything out but since this thread has slipped to the third page I figured I better do it while I can still find it.

Hair Biography

Length: BSL
Curl Pattern: 2A/B
Texture: fine
Porosity: low
Density: medium
Elasticity: I have no idea
Characteristics: I'm in Florida so I have always had flat, mostly straight winter hair and poofy, mostly straight summer hair. It's always frustrated me that my hair would wave when wet and clumpy but it would all fall out when dry. I have some straighter bits and one side is less wavy than the other, the less wavy side will wave nicely until its almost dry then the last 6 inches or so goes pretty straight and refuses to bend to my will anymore. I get better wave with pixie diffusing but that causes crown frizz.

CG/ModCG/not CG: CG to the best of my knowledge

Ingredients hair likes: protein,
Ingredients hair dislikes: butters and oils, glycerin makes it go poof

HG/Go-to Products: still working on this, I was loving the PT from Ingredientstodiefor I was using as a leavein but it has glycerin high up, trying SS PT and spray. Mostly I'm still buying and trying

Average climate/dew points: Northeast Florida

Fall/Winter combos:
Spring/Summer combos:

Favorite styling techniques and why: best so far: apply leavein and comb through, wet hair briefly, scrunch gel into length then more on top/sides, finger comb through, comb hair into place (part/bangs), supersoak to rewet if necessary, scrunch more gel into front/sides/back (all in shower). Dry hair by scrunching to scalp with MF towel, plop and diffuse through flour sack briefly, take down plop after 30 mins or so, pixie diffuse till mostly dry (side to side, some upside down, clip front if its misbehaving), pray it holds up overnight.
Okay, why: if I put in product or otherwise manipulate my hair upside down any clumps that form get pulled apart when I stand up. If my hair, especially scalp area, is too dry when products are applied my clumps break up and I get poofy hair. If I squeeze my hair with the towel rather then pressing it to my head I get smaller clumps and frizz. If I plop too long my hair won't bend/wave/spiral into the diffuser bowl correctly, the ends will stay in but the mid portion will bend out funny and escape over the rim so I get less wave. If I don't diffuse through the plop some my hair is still really wet even after 30+ mins.

Techniques that didn’t work and why: upside down product application/scrunching/drying etc, clumps form with different layers and break apart when turned right side up. I listed a lot of this above.

Hair Twins: Shelley & Newtocurlz share properties but are wavier than me.

Will update as I learn.
2A / F / MD / LP / ?E / BSL --- CG since Dec. 2012

This is what I'm happiest with right now.
Co-wash: CJ DailyFix
Lo-poo: DermOrganic low-poo
RO: SS Caitlin's co
Leave-in: SheScentIt Okra Repair condish
PT: SS Caitlin's + SS PT
Stylers: Volumax Mega Gel, Max Green Styling Gel, DermOrganics Spray Gel
Techniques: Plopping & Pixie Diffusing.
glycerin, honey, oils & butters Protein!