this is just a personal opition: but i try to use as much natural products and stuff as i can. it just really interests me that alot of what we buy in man made products do contain herbs and flowers or pants or oils, and i like to think if thats what we can make from this plant, how good must it be? so personal i like to use the natural route cause i think it has more benifits for my hair or skin or face.
i also dont like chemicals. growing up my parents didnt use many chemicals and im not used to them and seem to break out or get ichy and sore if i use normal shampoos or conditioners or products. with using natural things i dont get any problems.
also: i dont have much money, and products seems to run out pretty quickly. so i would rather buy a good quaility oil, that my hair loves, that i know has many other benifits and that is safer for me, (i dont get any problems).
i have a few other reasons but i dont want to bore any one with a really long post haha

my hair: 3c, high porosity, high density and coarse hair (i think i finally figured that all out)
my hair loves conditioner only styling!
my hair goal length is bra strap length when curly.

I also blog about my hair journey, please feel free to read and comment/ask questions http://www.naturallycurly.com/blogs/...air-blogs/2494