I agree that it's good to avoid certain ingredients. And if I had it my way the FDA would ban parabens (and a whole bunch of other stuff) from beauty, skin and hair care products here in the states. You should check out this site:

Skin Deep® Cosmetics Database | Environmental Working Group

If you run a product through here it'll tell you where it falls on the safety scale. Low-medium-high health hazard. I've been avoiding parabens in skin care products for years and only recently extended the practice over to hair care.

But I realize not everybody cares about this sort of thing and a lot of people love GVP Conditioning Balm so you never know, you might love it too. And a lot of people don't seem to have any problem with As I Am Coconut Co-wash. Go read the reviews. It's really beloved and won the nc.com award of best co-wash this year I think. Here's a link on preservatives in products that might cause dry scalp:

Itchy Scalp Causes: Preservatives in Hair Products

For me with As I Am it's "Methylisothiazolinone". Not saying that it'll happen to you but it helps to be aware.
Originally Posted by dusalocks
Thank you for the links! I used the coconut cowash today and i'm about to update you all!