*following this post*
My hair is super oily too. And right now it's so itchy I can hardly function! Ugh this sucks! We have similar hair properties! I hope to learn more from your post
Originally Posted by angelicak
Hi AngelicaK. Have you considered maybe trying a different shampoo? I have the EVERCurl conditioner and like it, but I didn't get the shampoo, I'm pretty sure because it has silicones. I wonder if that might be causing your issue of super-oily and itchy. Those problems were familiar to me until I ditched both sulfates AND silicones. A couple years back, I tried to go no-poo, without the full knowledge of what I was doing, so I just started scrubbing my head with a Suave conditioner (probably safe) but, I did not know to purposefully eliminate sulfates or silicones, so I think I had both irritation, and buildup. My hair got SO gross in that experiment, I couldn't go longer than about 10 days. This time around, I had more knowledge, and I started with a Nature's Gate Tea Tree shampoo and a Vo5 conditioner (not conditioning enough, it turns out, but it was a start), and I noticed an immediate difference, both in wave pattern (it increased) and lack of greasy and itchy head, which used to be kind of a normal thing for me.

Just a thought.
Started embracing the 2b waves in March 2013. I can't believe how immediate the difference, when I stopped using sulfates! Now I need guidance on most everything else.
My best guess so far at my hair profile: 2b, medium porosity, fine and med width strands, low-to-med density, medium length.