Old 04-28-2013, 02:16 AM   #38
wild~hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveInBetween View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NetG View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wild~hair View Post
^ Standard board etiquette (not just here, but all Internet discussion boards) suggests not posting on heated topics until one has had a chance to establish oneself in the boards in less dramatic ways.

In going against this common sense approach, one risks the strong likelihood of being labeled a troll. It may seem unfair, but that's just how boards work.
And unfortunately, about 99% of the time it IS a troll.
Which is why the website is dying. Labels, cliques, catty attitudes, etc; people get enough of that in their real lives, so why would anyone tolerate that here?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CurlTalk App
That is not why it is dying. It is dying because that management doesn't care if there is a message board here or not. They might care a *little* about the hair boards. But they definitely could give a rip if the non-hair side took a flying leap. I think if they could make the whole section go *poof* with no repercussions, they would do it in a heartbeat.

Like I said, the vast majority of boards behave the same way toward potential trolls. And that vast majority of web boards that are hostile to trolls are still going strong. It's not a problem, in fact it prevents boards from being overrun by a lot of unpleasant folks.

And NetG is right -- new posters identified as such usually ARE trolls.

Last edited by wild~hair; 04-28-2013 at 02:23 AM.