properties are so so so important, and the most important one is your texture - fine, medium, or coarse - and that one is easy to figure out. take a single strand of hair, preferably from your crown, and look at it's width. fine hair is very thin strands that are hard to see & coarse hair is wiry kind of like a sewing thread. I'm assuming your hair is fine (maybe medium) since it responded well to protein (coarse hair generally does not) & protein will be a key ingredient for you going forward, to help maintain strength & curl structure. Fine hair lacks enough protein to maintain that on its own. porous hair also benefits from protein to fill in the holes in the hair shaft that cause it to be porous. porosity is the next most important property, IMO. highly porous hair is usually a result of heat or chemical damage. some indicators of that include hair that feels bumpy when you run your fingers from root to tip, gets wet really easily, soaks up a lot of product, and dries quickly. however, fine hair with thin density (not thick overall) also can dry quickly because there isn't much hair to dry. My hair is normal to low porosity and still dries fairly fast. HTH!
fine, thin, normal/(low?) porosity. Mod-CG. Usually I can't co-wash more than 1x a week, & sometimes I have to use T-Gel in rotation due to scalp issues.

Co-wash: VO5 Volumizing
Poo: Giovanni 50:50
RO:TN, Nexxus Youth Renewal, Alba Coconut
LI: KCKT
PT: gelatin PT, ION EC
Stylers: Giovanni mousse, TIGI Curls Rock amplifier (a-cone), Curls Rock Strong Hold Mousse
Gels: SCC spray gel