If you haven't found the link, here it is Live Curly Live Free - Curly Hair Basics The float test is notoriously unreliable. The best way to determine porosity is sliding fingers from tip to root. If it slides smoothly, and possibly squeaks, it's low porosity. If there are bumps, depending how many, it's normal to high porosity.

My fine/low porosity hair never met a protein it didn't like. I do at least on PT a week and use a lot of products with protein.
Originally Posted by kathymack
Thank you. Since I big chopped my goal was just trying to keep my hair looking decent. I want the next year of my hair journey to actually be about keeping my hair healthy. I have been doing CG Method since my big chop. Tried Tightly Curly for one weekend (LOL) but went back to CG because my hair did not look so good. I read a great deal on the site, you both provided, last night. I will have to read again. It's a lot too take in plus I am sharing what I learn locally with people who don't like to research like I do. I have actually inspired a great deal of friends and family to go natural. Now I just have to help them (and myself) stay informed. You all are great on this site for taking time out of your schedule to help.

Thanks again.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using CurlTalk App
3C, CG Method, Low porosity, Low density, Medium Width