Coconut oil can often make protein overload worse. I think if your giving your hair a rest from protein you should consider cutting out anything with coconut oil. Use only a moisturizing condish to cowash, deep condition and leave-in. Something like Sally's GVP or Tressemme Naturals Moisturizing.

Hang in there and try to keep things simple!
Originally Posted by poemaXX
Oh no! Just about all of my products contain coconut oil. Could you link the specific Tresseme Naturals conditioner you're talking about please? I would like to research it more. I hear a lot about it!
Originally Posted by NewlyNaturalG
This is the Tresemme: Natural Nourishing Conditioner | TRESemmé

This is the Sally's: Generic Value Products - GVP Conditioning Balm: Compare to Matrix Biolage Conditioning Balm

Yeah, I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news re: coconut oil at the moment. I think coconut oil is great, but your hair needs a break – and you need a basic routine so that you can troubleshoot what might be going on. Maybe your hair is protein-sensitive, or maybe it's just over-proteined just right now but will love more protein later. Curly hair is such a journey!
|| 3b; normal porosity; fine/normal texture || CG since Feb 2010 || SD/dandruff prone

Current Routine BAQ henna 1/month Leave-in OH Hair Dew Cheapie Conditioner Tresemme Naturals Moisturizing
Old Stand-bys extra-virgin coconut oil Protein AO GPB; Moisture AO HR Style AOMMJ – Kept for troubleshooting.
Waiting to try extra-wide curlformers SD treatment H&S Clinical Strength