The SM Smoothie has a lot of protein in it. Check out the back, I'm pretty sure silk protein is actually described specifically. If ingredients have the word protein, keratin, collagen, or amino acid in them, then they are probably protein, and you need to avoid them right now. Eggs are also used as a protein treatment. I checked and the AIA doesn't have protein in it, but I agree that it might be worth it to dial down your use of coconut oil. You might also want to try conditioning more often when you go buy a conditioner. The two recommended work really well for people.

I imagine the cowash isn't moisturizing enough for your hair. It looks like it is suppose to take the place of a shampoo and not a conditioner. I would get a well formulated conditioner. Coconut oil and honey probably aren't absorbing into your hair enough.Usually cowashes are light and meant to clean the scalp.
Fine Texture, Normal Porosity, Normal Elasticity. Dyed to brown a few months ago.
Lowpoo:
Trader Joe's TTT Shampoo
Rinse Out:
Yes to Carrots, AOHR, Aubrey Organics Rosemary Peppermint
LI: Yes to Carrots
Stylers: Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie, LA Looks Sports, Suave Professionals Captivating Curls Whipped Mousse

Last edited by rainboe; 04-28-2013 at 07:00 PM.