Hi h2wQueen, I have been doing roller sets during the cooler weather.

The thing I have noticed is that first of all your hair MUST be totally dry before you remove the rollers otherwise it will frizz into an awful mess. Also, when you first take out the rollers it is likely to be extremely poufy and at first you may freak out, but take heart. Eventually it settles down. Usually my second day is a lot better than my first and 3-4-5 are great also.

If you used a lot of setting lotion the pouf will look like a volcano! I use much less when I do my hair this way than when I do it curly. You want to contain the pouf, not encourage too much volume. This style creates enormous volume (at least on me).

It may help to settle the pouf by winding a scarf tightly around your head for about ten minutes. Do the reverse of what we do for the curly look, meaning it is good to keep smoothing and touching it and brushing and in particular, combing through it. The idea is to get it to become smooth and sleek. I also use VO-5 conditioning cream on it once it is dry, or an antihumectant like Aveda Brilliant. Hairspray might work also.

I'm very interested to know how it works out for you. If it is done correctly, it can look really pretty, soft and elegant. Please post back and best of luck!
2/c and some 3A. Modified CG.
Protein sensitive
Highly porous. Color over grey.
Best 1st day method: Super Soaker
Conditioners: Curl Junkie Beauticurls Strengthening Conditioner,
Deep condish: Curl Junkie Curl Rehab
Stylers: Mix Curls in a Bottle into everything for shine. Terrible pj
Sometimes try roller sets - classic glamor but I prefer my curls.
Every day is a gift