Hair Biography

Curl Pattern: 2c/3a
Texture: fine
Porosity: high porosity on chemically treated areas, med-high on new growth
Density: med
Elasticity: normal
Characteristics: shoulder length, growing out an inverted bob. Very little root curl, 2c on top with much tighter 3a curls underneath. the front bits around my face have much looser curls (either from chemical damage, or because I always tuck my hair behind my ears). around 80% grey and growing out the old dyed/bleached bits

CG/ModCG/not CG: I have been cg for around 2 months, so still experimenting

Ingredients hair likes: protein, coconut oil, lots of moisture, sealing with argan oil, gels rather than mousse or curl creams
Ingredients hair dislikes: curl creams are a bit hit or miss

HG/Go-to Products: matrix biolage conditioning balm, joico k-pak, ytc, Giovanni leave-in, argan oil,

Average climate/dew points: dry, haven't really come to grips with dew points yet

Fall/Winter combos: just coming into winter now, so I will find out
Spring/Summer combos: co-wash: tresemme naturals, RO: conditioning balm, ytc or sukin, LI: Giovanni, seal with argan oil, GEL: gf endurance, kccc, or biosilk rhg. I sometimes diffuse, sometimes air dry, and usually clip the roots with small jaw clips. I tend to do a pt and dt every week, I dt with either the conditioning balm by itself, or I add coconut oil, jojoba oil, vitamin E oil and aloe to sukin conditioner.

Favorite styling techniques and why: icequeen method works well for me as I need to scrunch in the curls,
Techniques that didn’t work and why: raking tends to pull out my curls. I only tried the super soaker once, and didn't work all that well, but I think I need to try it again with some different products.

Hair Twins:
Hair type: 2c/3a, fine, med density, med-high porosity
Co-wash: tresemme naturals
RO: garnier fructis nutri-repair nourishing, matrix cb, ytc
LI: sukin, matrix cb, kckt
Sealer: argan oil, coconut oil
Gel: garnier fructis endurance 24 hr, kccc
Dt: matrix cb, alchemy masque
Pt: gelatin, joico Kpak