So wait ... what did I miss? Why is there a mass exodus on nc.com?

Needless to say I'm not going anywhere! I don't visit every day and only post sporadically, but this site will always have a special place in my heart ... and, like Arnie the Governator, I'll always "be back."
Originally Posted by LAwoman

There was no real drama. Just the usual anti-board sentiment and complaints, a little bit of clique-snark, and some regrouping on other forums formed by members on FB. You may receive an invite if you haven't already. I think most board members are posting over there.

I am anti Facebook and though it has its ups and downs I'm pro NC.com. So I try to wait out the drama.
Originally Posted by iroc

It was way more that than for myself (and perhaps GoldenCurly). What happened for very real for me
Originally Posted by scrills

My 'no real drama' statement is being completely misread, so let me clarify to say - in the past a creation of new boards and a mass exodus has been caused by a specific thread, or couple of threads, that involved a lot of arguments and anger towards other board members and/or moderators. Generally they've been multiple page threads that blow up on a topic and cause people to reach their breaking point.

In this case the issue being inconsistent moderation has been an ongoing complaint, therefore wasn't specifically tied to such a blow up.

If it WAS tied to the temporary banning of specific members (which was over 3 weeks ago so I didn't realize there was a connection) then it seems to be that there was a specific reason, I just didn't know about it and I didn't make the connection. So when I said 'real drama' I wasn't implying that there was no existing reason, or that the drama (or reason) was fake. I was using 'real' to mean 'specific' since the complaint of moderation has been an ongoing one, and I assumed that was the reason for a newly created board. Or so thats what I was told. Maybe I should have put 2 and 2 together but I'm kind of dealing with a lot lately and my brain isnt always running on all cylinders.
Either way, I come here not with the intent on offending or arguing with people, and in fact, in most cases I may not check in for a couple of days to avoid that, but I seem to be constantly misread and misinterpreted. I try to clarify and apologize if I've been misunderstood bc honestly I'm not lying or making stuff up. Why would I come back and lie to explain myself or apologize? I people with bad intentions don't swallow their pride and apologize. I've been here for 9 years. I cant imagine lasting around here for 9 years if I constantly had bad intentions.

I realize the fact that there is no tone of voice here causes confusion. And I think lately my tone of voice is assumed to be rude and b1tchy by some people. Thats unfortunate. And pretty far from the truth. But there's really nothing I can do about that. If I apologize and I'm met with sarcasm of people was who basically tell me they don't care or dont believe me. Thats sad. There's nothing I can do about that either.