Well I agree that plain ole flat ironed hair, especially that news anchor look, can be quite dull. But I don't think naturally straight hair is boring or necessarily makes somebody look older. That's highly dependent on the individual and their particular features. I guess I have a preference for body and movement, but straight hair can move too. It can whip and fly in the wind and shine like a silky curtain. I also have a friend with baby fine, really low density, 1a hair. She never teases or styles it. And you know what? -it suits her. It's her natural hair. She's very bubbly, girlish, and her fine straight hair with her chin length pageboy haircut seems so suited to her. I can't imagine her any other way. I think curly people expressing a distaste (not dis-preference) for naturally straight hair is just as nonsensical as straight haired people not liking our naturally curly hair. If someone's in your face saying your should straighten your hair, I don't think the best comeback is to tell them they should go home and curl theirs. I think it's better to express, quite calmly, that you're comfortable in who you are. It goes without saying that maybe they aren't.
3A - C, HP, ME, HD. (Coarse, High Porosity, Medium Elasticity, High Density.)

CG since Nov. 2012

Poos: SM Moisture Retention + Yucca Baobab, TJ's Tea Tree Tingle
Condish: TJ 'sTea Tree Tingle*, SM Moisture Retention* + Curl & Shine + Yucca Baobab, Yes to Blueberries
Stylers: KCKT*, SM Curl Enhancing Smoothie* + Curl & Style Milk*, KCCC*, FSG*, CJ Pattern Pusha, Curl Keeper
Sealers: Jojoba* or Grapeseed* oil

* = HG

Last edited by dusalocks; 04-30-2013 at 12:51 AM.