I haven't really gone through a whole list of proteins yet, but what works for me so far is Soy (like what's in my VO5 conditioner). Wheat, on the other hand, seems to dry my hair out. I have to switch shampoos because last time I used it my hair was really dry, not to mention a frizzy mess. It was bouncy too but not the right kind. My deep conditioner didn't even seem to work when I put it on my hair. I'm going to try the Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter shampoo and see what that does.

I cheated after I realized what wheat did to me and used a shampoo containing sulfates (the oils I'm using on my hair are starting to make it smell weird, and I didn't want to go out and buy a new shampoo right away). It has a lot of oils in it which seemed to make my hair soft, but that must have just been because I used silicones because when I used it last, my hair felt rubbery and weird. It contained jojoba, and IIRC that acts like proteins so I'm guessing my hair doesn't like that either.

I know my hair doesn't like coconut. When I used coconut oil my hair would feel dry when I would rinse the stuff out the next morning.

TL;DR--
Wheat, Jojoba, Coconut. My hair doesn't have a problem with Soy though.
3C, almost shoulder length (when stretched). Low Porosity, Protein Sensitive.
Low Poo: Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Moisture Retention Shampoo
Shampoo: Proclaim Olive Glossing Shampoo
RO: Eden Bodyworks Coconut Shea Cleansing Co-Wash
LI: Proclaim Olive Glossing Condish
Oils: JBCO, EVOO, Grapeseed Oil
Styling: Fantasia IC Hair Polisher
DC: Sally's GVP Conditioning Balm