Well, It has been 4 almost 5 years since I have posted a thread like this. Chas will have his 3rd eye surgery in a couple of weeks. I am so nervous....even though this time the surgery is not as invasive. They will not be cutting this time...just putting one little stitch on his inner right eye muscle to tighten the muscle so it is stronger and moves easier.

I guess my nervousness is that he will now remember this surgery. His last one was right after he turned 2. I just hating putting my kids under.

I know he needs the surgery though because his eyes are tired at the end of the day, more headaches, he can't catch a ball in front of his face, he struggles with finishing writing assignments, he has a head tilt and eye squinting. We've put it off for at least a year hoping school and school work would do the trick...but nope...not even our patching and exercises. This will get us fixed up for 1st grade so we don't fall behind.

Any suggestions on how to prepare an older child for surgery would be greatly appreciated. I've been open and honest with him...explaining everything that happens. Hopefully they haven't changed their procedures too much. I know he will be upset the day of...just because he hates the unexpected like his mother. I have been trying to put aside my worries so he doesn't feed off of it.

Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers the next few weeks. Surgery is May 16th.