Except, no. Not all men are aggressive (and I know plenty of passive-aggressive males) in conflicts. It's just when they are it's seen as a manly/male trait

And plenty of women are aggressive in conflicts it's just when they are they're seen as b*tches or hysterical.

The whole women and males are WIRED differently grinds my gears. Behavior is learned and encouraged. And it's less that people are raising girls to be passive-aggressive, it's just taught as a feminine trait. So when a little girl is aggressive and upfront in conflicts and other areas of her life she becomes a "tomboy"

I think it's an accepted thing that women should be less than men even if it isn't explicitly stated.

Fortunately my dad (who is NOT a male, but a man) nipped those ideas in the bud when the 4 of us were little. When we went golfing (for one example) and I asked why the women's tee was so far ahead (and the men's and pro's tee were only separated by a few steps), my dad was like "I don't know and I don't care. You don't need 500 feet for a fair game because you're a girl. Being a girl isn't a handicap."

Sugar, spice, and everything nice versus bugs, snails, and puppy dog tails needs to meet the true death.

(i can't stop murrr)
Originally Posted by annabananalise
I agree. In my family, women are not passive and we were not taught or encouraged to be that way. But I have noticed in life when I've been direct with many girls(in jr high and hs) and women, they retreat. It's not accepted in many social circles and probably in some work environments. I do believe there is some nature to this (male/female diff) but I think it's mostly society that has conditioned and enabled the difference which is in my opinion not advantageous at all for us.