Am I the only natural who doesn't know how to braid and is basically handicapped when it comes to hairstyles? Do you even struggle at twisting and putting your hair in a bun? It seems like every naturalista or black woman in general knows how to do hair, but me. This is one of the main reasons why I put off going natural for so long, but I figured I could learn. A little over two years into my journey now and I still don't get it. When my hair was relaxed, I only had to worry about straightening it and that's pretty easy compared to braid outs or twist outs. My only styles were either "down" or ponytail; pretty simple. But, as a natural, it seems that you must be gifted with your hands. I just learned how to bun not too long ago and I was so proud of myself despite other people probably thinking it was basic and looked like crap.
Originally Posted by sakiohma

You can learn by practicing on one of those giant barbie style-heads...It looks like the kind they use in beauty schools... It just takes practice and patience, but you'll get the hang of it sure enough. good luck!