View Single Post
Old 05-05-2013, 12:20 AM   #19
Amneris

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldencurly View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderlashes5000 View Post
But anyway, yes, the message of Christ is one of unconditional love.
I agree that is Christ's message, but that is not been my personal experience with the Christian church. I have been judged, ostracized, made to feel unwelcome and belittled by the church. I was brought up to believe we, the people of the church, do not act that way. So, for a long time, way into adulthood, I thought there was something wrong with me because it was clear that the church thought something was wrong with me. It took me a long time to realize that the church's treatment of me was a reflection on the church, not a reflection on me.

I believe that self-worth is our view of ourselves but it is viewed through lenses shaped by our culture. I believe it's always existed in social classes, castes, blood-lines, and vocations.
Christ's love is seen as unconditional by many Christians... unless you're gay, and then kids will kill themselves because they've been rejected and made to feel worthless for coming out. So I can't really take that claim seriously, unfortunately.

Amneris is offline   Reply With Quote